Transfer Credit Policies
If you have previously taken a 300-level communications course similar to English 302, 309, or 314 at another institution, you will need to get approval to use that course in place of a required 302, 309, or 314 course at ISU. Please note the following:
- a 100-level or 200-level course that you have taken will not suffice under any circumstances.
- a transfer request will be reviewed only after you have started attending ISU and after you have completed the class with a grade of “C” or better.
Standards in many advanced communication courses do not meet those expected for ISU’s English 302, 309, and 314. Thus, requests for approval of transfer credit are evaluated on a case-by-case basis. Please review the descriptions of 302, 309, and 314 in ISU’s Course Catalog and select the one course (302, 309, or 314) for which you are requesting transfer credit.
For a review, you must provide the Advanced Communication Office (229 Ross) with the following:
- A Request for Review of Transfer Credit Evaluation form. Fill this out with help from your adviser. Your adviser should sign the form. This form can be found on the LAS Academic Services website.
- a catalog course description of the class that you took
- a syllabus and course schedule from that class
- all major assignments composed in class
The co-directors of Advanced Communication courses will review the information that you provide to determine whether your class is acceptable for transfer credit.